Monday, February 23, 2015

Trying my hand at Mixed Media Art!

Hi Everyone! I've decided to try something new to me! I watched this awesome video on Mixed Media and thought to myself, why not give it a try, so here is my first Journal mixed media project and oh what fun it is to make a mess. lol!
I needed a little journal for all of my computer passwords etc... and thought that this would be fun to make. Fun it was!
 
 
Supplies used to Create
 
$1 journal-Dollar Tree
Modge Podge Sold at Simon Says Stamp
Gelatos- Simon Says Stamp
Newsprint paper-DCWV stack
Misc.... Washi tape
Gesso white Sold at Simon Says Stamp
Grunge board letters- Tim Holtz
Grunge Scroll Stamp Tim Holtz- Simon Says
 
Challenges
 
Crafts for Eternity #214 Circles (2/3)
Frosted Designs Get Messy x 2 (Gesso, Gelatos, Modge Podge)
Simply Create too #79 Anything goes
Turtle Soup Forum Anything inspired (Video on you Tube using Mixed Media inspired)
Creative Knockouts #77 Spots/Dots  (1/2) 8C
Inspiration Destination #21 Anything goes UL
Simon Says Stamp Add a little Texture
 Crafting from the Heart #48 Anything goes
 
Have a wonderful week!
 
 


10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journal Deonna ! I TOTALLY love this and think I need a special little book for all my passwords too, mine is ugh !! :-) I am going to use this as my inspiration too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

ahlers5 said...

This turned out wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination.

Unknown said...

Wonderful journal page Deonna. Love all the textures and vibrant colors. Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs.

sweet art designs said...

Love your mixed media journal. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Margaret said...

wow! That is so fabulous. Love all the vibrant colors. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck! Maggie - DT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous.. great project.. and super colour combo

michele said...

Gorgeous journal! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is so pretty!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

C.Lam. said...

Loved your mixed media Journal!!!Keep going girl!!!thank you so much for sharing ig at Frosted Designs!